How can I find permit and other public documents?

The County of Maui Public Documents site is your one-stop search engine to view public documents. The most complete search can be done with a Tax Map Key (TMK) number.  For Planning Department documents, you may search the following information types:

  • Agricultural Declarations
  • Maps for changes in zoning, community plan amendments and state land use district boundary amendments
  • Miscellaneous Files
  • Parking Analysis
  • Permits, which include all permits that the Department process, including bed-and-breakfast homes and Special Management Area exemptions and permits.

County of Maui Public Documents

Show All Answers

1. How can I find permit and other public documents?
2. Can I check my permit status?
3. I would like to know the zoning of my property.
4. How many dwellings are allowed on my parcel?
5. Can I build an ohana? If so, how many square feet can it be?
6. Can accessory dwellings be stacked, one on top of each other, or either detached or attached to main dwelling?
7. Are mobile or trailer homes allowed on any county zoned property?
8. How many tiny homes are allowed?
9. Am I required to get a permit for a fence? Is there a height restriction?
10. What are my required property setbacks?
11. Why is it taking so long to get my permit approved?
12. Where can I set up my food truck?
13. How can I find out about "wet bars"?
14. Can I raise chickens on my residential property?
15. What can I build in the shoreline area?
16. What is the Special Management Area (SMA)?
17. Where can I access the Special Management Area (SMA) Maps?
18. Do I need a Special Management Area (SMA) permit? How do I obtain one?
19. Can I do weddings on agricultural land?
20. How many barns can I have on agricultural land?
21. When do I need to sign a Farm Dwelling and Agriculture Structures Declaration?
22. What types of Agriculture Structures are allowed under the Declaration of Compliance HRS-46-88 Relating to Agriculture Structures?
23. Why can't I build two accessory dwellings on Rural zoned land?
24. What are the rules for commercial signs?
25. What are the rules for non-commercial signs?
26. How do I file an appeal?
27. How do I apply for a variance? (SSV, SPV, BVAV)
28. How do I find out if a property is in violation?
29. How do I lodge a complaint?
30. Are the zoning maps available online? Where can I find a map?
31. How do I request to review documents?
32. How do I obtain old building plans?
33. Where's my cesspool located on my property?
34. Water related questions?
35. Who do I complain to about noise?
36. How do I find Real Property Tax information?
37. Where do I send an email?
38. Do you validate parking at the One Main Plaza Building?