NWS extends flash flood warning for the Island of Maui until 7 p.m.
PREVIOUS UPDATE: The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for the island of Maui until 4 p.m. Friday.
A Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 p.m. on Sunday for Kaho'olawe, Lana'i, Maui, and Moloka'i.
ROAD CLOSURES (01/27/2023 as of 3:45 p.m.):
• South Kihei Road closed from North Kihei To Waipulani Road
• North Kihei Road closed from Piilani Highway to Honoapiilani Highway - North Bound.
PARK AND FACILITY CLOSURES (01/27/2023 as of 4:15 p.m.):
• Summit District of Haleakalā National Park
• Sports fields including softball, baseball and soccer fields are closed until further notice.
• Baldwin Beach Park is closed because of flooding.
• Central Maui Landfill will be closed until further notice due to inclement weather and unsafe site conditions. Heavy rains has caused flooding and debris on access roads making them impassable.
Maui County Emergency Management Agency will continue to monitor the situation. Please listen to your local radio and TV stations or NOAA Weather Radio for any updates. NOAA Weather broadcasts can be reached by calling 1-866-944-5025. NOAA Weather internet services can be found at weather.gov/hawaii