How to Use Your New Collection Cart
Each cart is identified by a serial number assigned to your address. Record your cart number and keep the record with other important household papers. Do not deface or conceal this number.
Preparation Guidelines For Your Collection Cart
- Place all acceptable residential refuse in your new cart.
- No additional trash bags or loose items may be left out for pick-up.
- Allow five feet of clearance between the cart and fences, mailboxes, or other obstructions.
- Drain and bag wet garbage and food scraps
- Avoid spillage (overloaded carts will not be emptied)
- Clean your cart periodically
- Overload your cart (The lid must be closed)
- Place liquids in the cart
- Push or pull the cart with the lid open
- Block direct access to the cart
- Park vehicles in front of the cart
- Take the cart from your property if you move (carts are the property of the County)
- Place bulky or heavy items in the cart, such as:
- Large tree limbs
- Engine parts
- Concrete blocks
- Scrap wood
- Construction materials