For your safety and the safety of others:
- Please be at the bus stop at least five (5) minutes prior to the departure time. Wait on the proper side of the road for the bus to arrive at the bus stop sign. Wait for the bus to make a complete stop before approaching the bus.
- Please enter the bus with exact fare or have your pass visible.
- Infants under 2 years old, traveling free must ride on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- Please allow senior citizens the use of front seating.
- Please be alert at all times for sudden or quick stops.
- When standing, please move to the rear of the bus and always hold on to the standee handbars or seatbars.
- Please do not change your seats after the bus starts moving and please fasten your seatbelts.
- Shirt and footwear are required.
- Pets must be in an enclosed carrier or cage. Service animals are allowed on the bus.
- Anyone who believes that he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color and national origin, while using the Maui Bus or its paratransit services may file a Title VI complaint with the County Department of Transportation
All baggage and personal items must be stored under a passenger’s seat or on the passenger’s lap, and will not protrude to another seat or interfere with other passengers. Baggage that will not be admitted on board shall include any oversized, dangerous or offensive article that may cause harm or discomfort to any passenger. All items must be free of sand and debris. No baggage may be stored in the aisle or on another seat.
- One (1) Medium-sized suitcase, dufflebag, backpack, carry-on bag, metal-framed child carriers, small metal caddy on wheels, collapsible baby stroller, band instrument, skateboard, foldable electric scooter, hoverboard, one-wheel, soft body board without skegs, beach chair, pet carrier or cage, small cooler, or container with no sharp edges holding a maximum of three (3) golf clubs or detachable fishing poles is allowed.
- Grocery and reusable bags that a passenger can carry in their arms are allowed. Bags filled with bottle and can recyclables are not allowed.
- All buses are equipped with a bicycle rack that can hold a maximum of two (2) or three (3) bicycles. Both tires must sit flat to the base of the rack.
- Only two-wheeled bicycles are permitted.
- Electric bikes with a sealed battery compartment which conform to the bike rack specifications and other safety issues are allowed. No gas powered bicycles are allowed.
- Bicycles with an oversized basket or other type of carrier that obstructs the view of the driver is not permitted.
- Surfboards and sandboards.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, e-cigarettes or loud music.
- Flammable, explosive or toxic material.
- Weapons and dangerous instruments.
- Littering on the bus.
- Obstructing or interfering with the bus driver.