County of Maui Beach Parks Vulnerability and Adaptation Study
In 2020, the County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation initiated a project to assess the vulnerability of its beach parks to a variety of coastal threats and to prepare adaptation strategies. The study is being conducted with planning and technical assistance by Tetra Tech, Inc. The study objectives are to:
- assess vulnerability of parks to coastal hazards and sea level rise;
- determine the potential for each beach park to adapt to future conditions;
- identify adaptation strategies for each beach park;
- develop a prioritization framework for investments in park infrastructure; and
- recommend policies, strategies, and actions to address the short and long term impacts of climate change.
A project overview, other resources, adaptation and mapping tool, and feedback survey can all be accessed at the links below. The project is ongoing and the website will be updated as future phases are completed