Information for Potential Landlords
What Does the Owner Do?
The owner has the following major responsibilities:
- Screen families who apply for tenancy, to determine suitability as renters.
- Comply with the terms of the Housing Assistance Payments contract executed with the PHA
- Comply with all applicable fair housing laws and do not discriminate against anyone
- Maintain the housing unit in accordance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and make necessary repairs in a timely manner
- Collect rent due from the assisted family and otherwise comply with and enforce provisions of the dwelling lease