Molokai Planning Commission
Molokai Planning Commission:
- Focuses on the area encompassing the island of Molokai, except that portion of the area known as the Kalaupapa Settlement.
- Advises the Mayor, County Council, and Planning Director in matters concerning planning programs.
- Reviews the general plan and revisions thereof prepared by the Planning Director or at the request of the County Council, and after public hearings transmits findings and recommendations to the County Council for consideration and action.
- Reviews other proposed land use ordinances and amendments prepared by the Planning Director or by the County Council, and after public hearings, transmits findings and recommendations to the County Council for consideration and action.
- Acts as the authority in all matters relating to the Coastal Zone Management Law.
- Adopts rules pursuant to land use ordinances or law.
Agendas and Minutes
View available agendas, meeting materials, and minutes for the Molokai Planning Commission meetings.
- Lori Buchanan - Chair - 3/31/2023
- Laakea Poepoe -Vice-Chair - 3/31/2024
- Julie-Ann Bicoy - 3/31/2024
- Bridget Mowat - 3/31/2024
- William Moore - 3/31/2023
- John Pele - 3/31/2022
- John Sprinzel - 3/31/2022
- Leonora Espaniola - 3/31/2021
- John Perez III - 3/31/2021
- Molokai Community Plan Update 2012
- Chapter 301 - Rules of Practice and Procedure Opens a New Window. for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 302 - Special Management Area Rules Opens a New Window. for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 303 - Rules Relating to Special Uses in State Agricultural Rural Districts Opens a New Window. for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 304 - Rules Relating to Shoreline Setbacks Opens a New Window. for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 305 - Rules Relating to the Country Town Design Guidelines Opens a New Window. for the Molokai Community Plan
Molokai Planning Commission Molokai Planning Commission
P. O. Box 526 c/o Maui Department of Planning
Kaunakakai, HI 96748 2200 Main Street, Suite 315
(tel) 808 553-3221 Wailuku, HI 96793
(tel) 808 270-7735
(fax) 808 270-7634
The Molokai Planning Commission's office is located in the Mitchell Pauole Center Opens a New Window. and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday except holidays.