- Motor Vehicle & Licensing
- State of Hawaii Identification Cards
State of Hawaii Identification Cards
OverviewBeginning Wednesday, January 2, 2013, the State Department of Transportation (DOT) and all county driver license offices will implement Act 310, Session laws of Hawaii 2012, which affects the issuance of Hawaii State Identification Cards statewide.
Effective January 2, 2013, anyone applying for an original or renewal of their Hawaii State Identification Card must be at least ten (10) years old and present documentary proof of legal name, date of birth, social security number, legal presence and proof of principal residence address in the U.S. in person at any of the Driver Licensing Offices.
All applicants applying for a State of Hawaii Identification Card must complete the following:
- Complete the State of Hawaii Identification Card Application
- Present required Documentation of the following. All documents must be original or certified.
- Proof of Legal Name - If your current name is different from the name shown on any document (examples: due to marriage, divorce, adoption, name change, naturalization certificate), you are required to provide "connecting documents" to establish the link between the names.
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of Legal Presence
- Proof of Principal Residence (Two Documents Required)
- If the applicant is between ten (10) years old and 14 (fourteen) years old, a Parent / Guardian Affidavit must be completed.
- Payment of the appropriate fees. Refer to the 2014 Maui County Fee Chart.
- Get In-line On-Line! Make an appointment at our Kahului Service Center, one (1) person per appointment.
- Road Test - Call (808) 270-8080 beginning at 8:00 a.m. one work day prior to the day you wish to take the road test.
The available services are Driver Licenses or Hawaii State ID’s and Initial Disability Placards.
Before making your appointment Click Here to see if you have the required documents for your Driver License or Hawaii State ID.