CENTRAL MAUI LANDFILL
UpdateWe’ve heard your comments and have updated our Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form which now can be submitted via email! Forms can be emailed to us, and upon review and approval, approved forms will be emailed back to you. For more information please call (808) 280-3416. For quickest results submit Declaration forms via email and include a Contractor’s email address for us to return completed forms to.
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION WASTE ACCEPTANCE
Construction and Demolition WastesConstruction and demolition (C&D) wastes are solid wastes resulting from the construction, repair, demolition, or razing of buildings, of roads, and other structures.
Commercial Customer Procedures to Bring C&D Wastes to Central Maui LandfillCommercial customers who would like to bring C&D wastes to Maui County Landfills must have a valid landfill account and C&D Number. C&D wastes will only be accepted on weekdays from opening through 1PM. C&D will not be accepted on Saturdays and County Holidays. Loads consisting predominantly (i.e. greater than 50% by volume) of lightweight materials such as styrofoam, shredded paper, and sandblast material will only be accepted on weekdays from opening to 8AM. The County must issue a C&D Number before disposal can begin.
To Open a Landfill Account and Obtain a C&D Number
- Go to your local landfill and fill out the Landfill Account Application form.
- Upon approval of your Landfill Account, conduct a hazardous waste assessment and testing to ensure that C&D wastes delivered do not contain hazardous wastes.
- Read through all terms and conditions and complete the Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form: email or mail it in to:
- Central Maui Landfill
P.O Box 518
Puunene, Hi 96784
- Approval of the site specific C&D Number may require up to 7 business days.
- C&D Numbers are good for six months. After this period, a new Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form must be submitted for a new C&D Job Number for another maximum six month period.
- Approved C&D Forms will be emailed or mailed back to the Contractor. Please write legibly or utilize the fillable Declaration Form. If we can’t read it, we can’t help you!
- If additional transporters other than the hauler specified on the Declaration will be used, you must submit an additional separate copy of the Declaration form.
- Transporter(s) shall give the C&D Job Number to the landfill scalehouse attendant for every commercial C&D waste delivery.