The County of Maui Department of Environmental Management, Solid Waste Division
provides the Molokai Metals Facility (MMF) to collect, process and recycle metals and related materials. The facility is operated by a County contractor.
The Molokai Metals Facility
is located on Maunaloa Highway at the Molokai-Naiwa Landfill. For more information, please call the Landfill Scale house at 808-553-3869 or the Abandoned Vehicles & Metals office at 808-270-6102.
Accepted items include
- No charge for residents (metals and vehicles from homes, NOT businesses or business activities)
- Fees may apply for materials from businesses.
vehicles*, motorcycles*, appliances, vehicle tires and batteries, propane tanks, and miscellaneous metal items such as roofing, gutters, tubs, sinks, faucets, pipes, metal furniture, bicycles, mowers, engine parts, tools, fencing, and ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal.
*To Scrap A Vehicle Or Motorcycle:
- Please separate your metals from all other waste materials. Stop at the landfill scalehouse before proceeding to Moloka’i Metals Facility (MMF).
- All metal items must be delivered directly to MMF staff...NO drop-offs to other areas of the landfill.
- A Vehicle Acceptance form MUST be submitted at the MMF with each and every vehicle, and the form must be filled out completely and signed by the owner or resident. The vehicle will be refused at the MMF if this form is not complete and brought in with the vehicle. (Form available at the MMF or online).
- Vehicle owners must complete and file a Statement of Junking form with the Department of Motor Vehicles & Licensing to change registration to ‘Junk’ (Form available at the DMVL office or online).