County Special Use Permit


Within the various zoning districts, certain special uses are permitted via a County Special Use Permit (CUP) upon review and approval of the Planning Commission.

How To Apply:

Complete the County Special Use Permit Application Packet and submit it to the Department of PlanningA fully processed Zoning & Flood Confirmation Form must be attached to the CUP application.  Begin the CUP application process by filling in the project identification portion of the form and submitting it to the Zoning Administration and Enforcement Division at One Main Plaza Suite 335.  The zoning and flood designations are confirmed and then returned to the applicant for inclusion in the CUP packet.  

Approving Agencies:

Duration of Approval:

Will be stated in the permit.


Non-refundable filing fee (see Fee Schedule, Table A) payable to the "County of Maui, Director of Finance".

Related Applications and Forms:


Contact Information:

Department of Planning
Current Planning Division
2200 Main St.
One Main Plaza Bldg, Suite 619
Wailuku, HI  96793