Land Use Commission Special Permit


A Land Use Commission Special Permit may be obtained when certain "unusual and reasonable" uses within the Agricultural and Rural Districts other than for which the district is classified may be permitted provided certain criteria are met.

How To Apply:

Complete the Land Use Commission Special Permit Application packet and submit it to the Department of PlanningA fully processed Zoning & Flood Confirmation Form must be attached to the application.  Begin the SUP application process by filling in the project identification portion of the form and submitting it to the Zoning Administration and Enforcement Division at One Main Plaza Suite 335.  The zoning and flood designations are confirmed and then returned to the applicant for inclusion in the SUP packet.  

Approving Agencies:

For projects on <15 acres:
For projects on 15 acres or more:

Duration of Approval:

Will be stated in the permit.


Non-refundable filing fee (see Fee Schedule, Table A) payable to "County of Maui, Director of Finance"

Related Applications and Forms:


Contact Information:

Planning Department
2200 Main Street
One Main Plaza Bldg., Ste. 619
Wailuku, HI 96793
Ph: (808) 270-8205
Fax: (808) 270-7634