Zoning Administration and Enforcement Division
Effective November 16, 2022, the ZAED Plans Review Section will close to the public on Wednesdays in order to catch up with a backlog of plans reviews for permit applications. Phone calls and emails received by the Plans Review Section on Wednesdays will be replied to within two business days of receipt. The other ZAED Sections and other divisions of the Planning Department remain open Monday through Friday.Effective April 18, 2022, the Department of Planning is accepting permit applications via MAPPS. Learn more about the new permitting system at the MAPPS information page. Variance and appeal applications may be submitted via paper forms.
Administers the enforcement of State and County land use laws, rules, codes, regulations, and the general and community plans.
Serves as primary departmental advisory and information branch regarding the interpretation and application of codes, ordinances, decision and orders, and other matters of enforcement.
Boards and Commissions
- Amended Rules for Administrative Procedures and Civil Fines for Violations of Chapter 16.13 and Title 19 of the Maui County Code, effective December 22, 2019
- Zoning Administration & Enforcement Division Organization Chart
- GIS users can download the Shapefile for County of Maui zoning from the Hawaii Statewide GIS Program
- How-to guide to view county zoning for specific properties
- How-to guide to view island-wide county zoning maps
- How-to guide to look up permitted uses by zoning district in the Maui County Code